3.08.2011

Highs and Lows

Did you ever play that game growing up? Or at camp? "Everyone share the highs and lows of their day today...?" Well, here are some things that have been on my mind lately or going on in my life. I'll rank them as either high or low.

Highs
- Going on a run this morning before everyone was awake.
- Listening to the Imagination Movers on Pandora during lunchtime
- Getting a new computer
- Seeing lots of good friends and their kiddos yesterday
- Finally getting some things done on my to-do list.
- Having warmer weather and therefore enjoying lots of walks with my kiddos, though they still have to be bundled up quite a bit.
- Watching "The Social Network" again this weekend. Boy, I sure do love that movie.
- James loves going to swim lessons. This week will be our second week. Dave took him last week to his first one, and he came home bouncing off the walls with excitement!


Lows
(Okay, they are not really that low)
- Going on a run this morning. I am really outta shape. But it's week one of my training, so that's expected, right?
- Reading "The Last of the Mohicans." It is so difficult to read! Seriously, did people in the 1800s really talk like this?
- I missed one week of doing my 'one recipe a week' resolution. Hopefully, you don't feel like I failed. It was just a weird week, I didn't have kids, so we went out to eat alot. But really, I have no excuse. One week I made two new recipes, does that count?
- Um, rats. I can't think of much else. Well, much else that I'd wanna put on here for everyone to know, right? Life's been pretty good lately. Thanks Jesus!

*Also, I finally put some things up on my "About Me"  and "Bucket List" pages. You should check them out. If you want to. Or don't, I don't care. But maybe you probably should. Just do it.

5 comments:

Corie said...

I never read LOTM but I love the movie... did you know that the name Cora was probably made up by the guy who wrote it? There was Korah or something like that in the bible but there was no record of Cora until that book.

I definitely grant you a reprieve on your week of no new recipes!

We want to do swim lessons for the girls this spring sometime too. Glad James is enjoying them!

Corie said...

I LOVE your about me page and your bucket page!

Meg said...

ok I read your about me page and came to this realization - you and Dave have been together just as long as Jonathan and I have (we celebrate our 5 year anniversary in a couple of weeks...)

It's crazy where life takes you! In those 5 years you've moved to Michigan and had 2 kids...and J's (almost) got his DDS and we're (almost) married! Lol!

Ruthie said...

Too bad we don't live closer so I could stay updated on your lives. How can it be that I had no knowledge of these swim lessons? That's super fun. So you went for a run to start training and I WALKED for a half hour on the treadmill. dur.

Anonymous said...

Cerissa! We so need to get together :) I loved reading your blog!! I will be off work till the first week of May. Let's make plans. Sounds like you guys are doing great. Matt really misses Dave being around. Our little girl Callia is doing great. She is over a month old now. Time flies! . . . April.