4.01.2011

My Volvo



My cousin sent me this video the other day, and as a former Volvo stationwagon owner, it totally made my day. You see, my parents, back in the day, had this blue Volvo stationwagon and when they got a new car, they gave the Volvs to my grandparents. I remember my Grandma driving it all of my life. When she got older and couldn't drive anymore, it was given to us cousins to use as our car. In high school and college, we each would get a turn with it every other week or so, which worked out pretty nicely between the three of us. It was a pretty sweet ride. I did have some Volvo pride, because you have to admit, though it is a ugly car, it has something that is oddly cool and attractive about it. In college, I had it one week, and it wouldn't start. Sad day. Mind you, it was about twenty years old, but still. I still have the memory of it being towed away out of the Bowles apartment complex parking lot. Sigh. There were a lot of good memories in that car.

The video is is explicit, so if stuff like that bugs you, I wouldn't watch it. Or as my cousin said, "Don't watch it when the kids are around." I understand that most of you probably haven't owned a beauty like this, so the video might not warm your heart as much as mine, but it is still worth your time. I promise you'll be a better person for it.

No comments: