LOST:
A Right-Footed Croc
Size: 6\7
Weight: about 5 oz.
Color: Blue and Red
Responds to: Righty, Crockie, Ol' Crocster, Crocodillian, Mr. Croc
If found, please contact me or James' right foot immediately
Granted, this is the picture from the Croc website; the one missing does have quite a lot more wear-and-tear. Just to keep in mind. I could have taken a picture of the actual Croc that we own, but I am just not that good.
Here's the story.
We were on our way to Mimi's house to celebrate Susie's 14th birthday. As we were loading up everyone into the car, James starts to do the dance. The Potty Dance. Dave had already locked up the house, and I didn't know if we had enough time to find the keys, unlock the door, and get to a toliet. Luckily, James is a boy. I rip down his pants and let him go, right then and there. While he was doing his business, however, he starts to 'toup' on me. (If you don't know James, a toup is a fart). This causes both he and I to break out laughing, resulting in potty everywhere. Great. Now I have strip down the boy, get the keys, open the door, get new clothes, and get my half-naked boy dressed. While I am inside getting new clothes, Dave takes care of the potty soaked boy. We get things situated again and head off. After a night of wonderment and festivites, we arrive back at home. I see that Dave has put all the dirty clothes on the steps, but I don't see the Crocs that James was wearing during the incident earlier that evening. I ask Dave where they are, but he doesn't know. I ask James where those Crocs could be, and he of course, doesn't know either. Hmmm.
Now, today, it is Friday. The missing Crocs have been out of my mind for two days because I assume they'll show up somewhere, right? I wake up to go on my run, and start off going the same route you would if you were heading to my in-laws. As I am running...BAM! CROC! On the ground! I think, "Hmm....that looks just like one of James' Crocs....Wait...we are missing James' Crocs....Wait a second, that is James' Croc!!" So, I pick it up, and continue on my run. (I wonder if it was weird for people to see a grown woman at 6 am running down the road holding a toddler's Croc. I, for one, would have thought it was completely normal). I start to think that maybe, just maybe, Dave put the Crocs on top of the Jeep as we were leaving for the party and as gravity was in play, they both took a dive for the pavement. As I continue on my run (remember, with Croc in hand), I desperately look for it's mate. No such luck.
When I get back, I ask Dave about the possibility that he could have put the Crocs on the Jeep's roof. He says very likely. Later this evening when we went on walk to Mimi's house (and maybe Clara was wearing the last diaper in the my house and maybe we were going to Mimi's to "borrow" some diapers...Thank goodness she lives close, and thank goodness she has diapers, and thank goodness she's nice and not judgemental of me running out of diapers), I had James look for the missing Croc as well. No luck again.
So now we only have one Left-footed Croc. I don't know where Righty can be. I hope he is warm somewhere, and has found a good home. Someone to love him, clean him, and not leave him on roofs of cars. One can only hope.
If you read this, Righty, we miss you. Come home.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry. I hate losing things worse than anything. I hope you find it! I bet that is what happened -- the top of the jeep scenario. And I bet that with all your running it will turn up. Fingers crossed!
i laughed out loud. and beer almost came out of my nose.
Post a Comment