Good Idea: Going outside to play today. It was amazing! Slight wind, sunny skies, fifty degrees. I'll take 200 more days like that, please.
Bad Idea: When kids are outside, going inside for a quick drink (and perhaps quick glance at the email). Clara fell off the tricycle, straight on her nose, with no hands to block her fall. Poor widdy. Seriously, I am waiting for the knock at my door with the officials saying I am not a fit momma. Under my watch in the past couple of weeks Clara has: burned her hand on my curling iron, got incredibly sick with the flu, and now has a black and blue nose with blood. I just don't see how I can last.
Good Idea: Doing all the "sick" laundry this week. Literally, I must have done about 20 loads in two days.
Bad Idea: Washing a diaper with all that laundry. Little diaper crystals were everywhere. Luckily, I just had to wash that one load again which seemed to take care of the issue. Still. Bad Idea.
Good Idea: Watching "The Middle."
Bad Idea: Putting the kids to bed early so you can catch the show. Since we got rid of our cable and DVR, I can't expect to watch all my favorite shows when I want to watch them. I need to watch them when they are on, otherwise, they don't get watched. The kids were definitely not ready for bed. Though they were "in bed," going in every five minutes or so to replace a pacifier or give a hug, I basically didn't watch the show. And I ree-hee-hee-eally wanted to. (Channel Dr. Cox there. I've been watching a lot of Scrubs).
Good Idea: At naptime, watching Scrubs on the computer in bed (ahhhhh) with a big bowl of Breyer's Oreo Mint Ice Cream. Then getting seconds. It's really good.
Bad Idea: Seconds.
Good Things: Getting to the eye doctor today, getting new contacts, seeing my husband today, having a husband bring me a pot of tulips home.
Bad Things: Snapping at James for saying "Momma, Momma, Momma!" over and over again. I said what everytime, but he still was like a CD on skip saying my name. I shouldn't have snapped, but I did. I was sorta in a foul mood for a good half hour there. Also, those Old Navy Polo commercials.
There you have it. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
4 comments:
My poor daughter! Does Clara need Daddy to come home and take care of her so she stays safe?
Great post! I love it.
I've washed a diaper w/ the laundry before, too, just in the past couple months I'd say. Probably not the most sanitary thing? Still, I'm impressed with the absorbancy of pampers!
Lol, oh Cerissa. I wish I had kids so I could commiserate with you. I'm sure I'll be afraid of the same thing when I'm a momma! Kids fall and bump their noses. She probably would have fallen if you were watching her anyway, right? Glad you're all feeling better and over the flu!
You are an incredible momma. These things happen! She's just at that age. My suggestion for you: read more Rants from Mommyland. You're guaranteed to feel better.
Post a Comment