4.12.2011

My Entertainment Weekly

I love getting my Entertainment Weekly. It truly is a high point on my Fridays (or Saturdays, which by then, I am a little peeved that it hasn't come on Friday. But that's beside the point). Dave gets about forty-eleven sports magazines, and this is the one magazine that I get, so it is a pretty big deal. (I really want to know, how can there be that much to write about sports? On a weekly basis? In so many different magazines?) So, I would like to post my own version of EW, and list some things of the entertaining variety that I am anticipating.

Bossypants.
There is something about Tina Fey that I just love. This past year I have really enjoying getting into 30 Rock. I can't believe I haven't watched the show until now! (Though I did watch some episodes last year) Every week, I love her. Therefore, I can't wait to read her book. I've been hinting to a certain someone that I am married to that I really have been looking forward to this book. Hopefully, that someone gets the hint. We'll see.

Harry Potter 7 Part One.
If you know me, you know I love Harry Potter. Love Harry Potter. I want to enroll into Hogwarts. Unfortunately, since this is a work of fiction, I am unable to do so. I think this might be the first DVD that I buy when it first comes out. I want it that bad. (Wait- I did buy season three of The Office when it first came out, but that's all. I promise). I won't be getting it on Blu-Ray as this picture implies. We're not that fancy over here. And if you can guess where I am going with this, the next thing I am most looking forward to is....

Harry Potter 7 Part Two

Seriously, don't you just get chills looking at that movie poster? I mean, I think that it says everything that needs to be said. "It All Ends." I. Can't. Wait. And even better news, reading on my trusty ew.com, I've come to find out that they had a documentarian film behind the scences when they were shooting the final films, and plan on possibly releasing that documentary. Let's just say, I hope they do.

Water for Elephants

This is the next book we are supposed to read for my book club. I've had it patiently waiting on my nightstand for a long, long time. My MIL just raved about it, and I can't wait to get into it. I know it is now being made into a movie with R. Pat., but to be honest, I was excited to read it before all that Hollywood hoopla. I just have to finish LotM before I can start it (and that book just will not end!).

Adele.
I'll be honest, I don't really know any of her songs. I don't know any of the songs off her first CD, and I haven't heard any off this CD. Yet everywhere I look, people seem to love and rave about her. So I am interested in just checking her out.

Something Borrowed.
My main reasons for this are A. I like two of the four actors/actresses in the movie and B. It seems like it has been a long time since a good rom com has come out. Since this one is based on a book (that I started to read, but don't remember why I didn't finish it), let's cross our fingers and hope it's good.

The Office.
I'm not excited to see Steve Carell leave. I am excited, however, to see how they handle his departure and who replaces him. I personally can't imagine Scantron without him, but the show must go on. Does anybody else think they should have ended the series with him leaving the show? I mean, the show has been hit or miss these last couple of years, and to continue on without him, I think that we might land more on the 'miss' side of things. Oh well. We shall see!

So, what's on your Entertainment Weekly? What are you looking forward to?


3 comments:

Dave Hocker said...

I hope that guy gets the hint!

Scantrons are what we took tests on when we were in school btw.

And what is LotM? Lord of the Monkeys?

Corie said...

Oh, I love my EW too, ditto to all your comments about it.

Here's what I have to say: Water for Elephants WAS great. You should break from LOTM to read it, it'll go fast. I'm afraid the movie won't do it justice b/c I really could care less about R.Patt.

I got the Adele CD, for the same reason-- that everywhere I read I saw some rave about it. It's a very good CD. You are welcome to borrow (ahem, burn) my copy!

I LOVE Tina Fey. I want to be her friend. I LOVE 30 Rock. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD, we should watch them whenever you come visit me! Did you know she's expecting again?

Ruthie said...

more dittos, even though I don't read EW -- (and that's not for any religious or philosophical reasons)
Read WfE. It's great!! Those Mohicans aren't going anywhere. I so agree about HP!! SO agree. I can let you borrow the Adele CD too because Corie let me borrow hers and I made a completely legitimate back up copy, just for safe keeping, in case hers gets lost or burned up in a fire. Yes, I think it's time for The Office to retire.