I am clearly going to win Mom of the Year this year. I am currently feeding my kids Nutella straight from the jar while also trying to shush them so I can just fart around on the iPad. #winning. I was trying to sneak my spoonfuls of Nutella without them noticing, since they were watching a movie, but apparently I am a loud Nutella eater, so they caught on.
Moving on...here's some pictures from the past twenty four hours. We did some fun things. I was thinking again how these pictures show a pretty rocking time for my kids. However, they don't tell the whole story. I don't have pictures of Bethy throwing multiple fits, probably due to the fact that she has not been taking nap this week. I don't have pictures of me struggling to force her into the carseat while she screams so we.can.just.go.to.storytime. I don't have pictures of James eating lunch in his room by himself because he was feeling sad. (I still don't know why? Later he came up to tell me his bucket was "a quarter of a half full" and the only way to fill it up was if I played Planes Fire and Rescue with him later. Now, however, he is dancing to "Happy" since it's on the soundtrack of the movie we're watching. So I don't know what to think....)
The past twenty four hours included storytime and then grocery shopping. We made little puppets for halloween. At night, my good friend Bri called us over to have pizza. Dave is at his last cross country meet for the season. Soon, when the littles wake up, we're going to a haunted house hosted by the fire station.
But the past twenty fours hours were so good. And just because there were some bad moments, by the end of the day, more was put into the "good" bucket than the "bad." That's what counts, right? I just felt that I had to share that disclaimer before all these supposed "perfect day" pictures give the wrong impression.
We made Halloween puppets. James had a pretty rockin' Ninja Turtle one.
Just take note of the color of the marker Bethy is holding.
Clara made a pumpkin puppet.
Clearly, this is the face you make when impersonating your paper bag pumpkin puppet.
It took us forty eleven attempts to get a good picture of James and his puppet. Isn't the oldest one supposed to obey picture taking orders best?
Blurry. Dangit.
Puppet? No where to be seen.
Okay, this is sorta fun, but I can't see Leonardo's face!
There we are...!
Bethy thought she was the puppet, and colored her face instead of the paper bag. I told you to pay attention to the color, and here is purple allll over.
James made a haunted house this morning.
"James' Haunted House
Beware where you step
Beware of the spooks
Beware of the tricks
Hope you come out alive!"
The haunted house. He is a zombie about to attack!
A girl just needs her morning coffee.
Ben, stuck under the couch.
What happened in your twenty four hours?
2 comments:
Isn't that the annoying thing about pictures posted online-- it makes it look like everyone's life is beautiful and sunny and smiley. I love your disclaimer. :) I also love your pictures, and your kids!
I think your family is perfect. With all its ups and downs and imperfections. Love seeing these pictures, and love your writing!
Post a Comment