7.10.2011

Some Crazy Goings-On Around Here.

So I haven't blogged. In a long time.  I know, I know. Go ahead and shake your finger at me whilst saying "Tsk, tsk." Does that feel better? Life has been so crazy here (isn't it for everyone?), I just haven't had the time to actually sit, and think, and type. Sometimes that just takes too much energy, you know? Trust me, there has been many a-time when a blog idea or thought has come into this crazy little mind of mine, but it has never formed into any thing more than a thought. So here we are, and as Ricky would say to Lucy, I've got some 'splaining to do.

Basically,
(Hmm, bullet point or paragraph form? Let's do bullets. Again, I'm feeling lazy).

- School ended. That alone equals for busy times with graduations, open houses, end of the year meetings and /or extravaganzas and the like. Being married to a track and football coach keeps this wife busy. There are state meets,  track banquets, and the list goes on. It gets busy.

-Dave and Grad School. He finished up his third online class, but this summer was signed up to do nine credit hours in two weeks as MSU. He worked it out to stay in Lansing during the week, but came home on the weekend. Five days in a row going solo mio with our kids can take its toll on a person. He worked hard though, and I am proud of him. During this time,

- My family had to come out to California because my Grandma, who lives near Lake Michigan, passed away. It was hard to deal with minus a husband. The funeral was very sweet and despite the circumstances, it was nice to see family that I maybe see once a year. It brought up a lot of emotional things for me and sometimes that can be tiring.

- There's also some other things going on, but I am not at liberty to say now. I will say two things though: 1. You'll know eventually and 2. I'm not pregnant. God's just being super cool and providing for us, you know?

There has been lots of fun things too- we've gone on vacation to Chicago, Dave and James competed in the "Michigan State Games," I've still been running alot for my marathon, we've had Dave's best friend and his wife from Kentucky stay with us for a few days, and I've gone down south to visit my wonderful sister-in-law and her family. The list could go on. Just a month in, and this summer has been packed with the good and bad. Though it's busy, I just can't stop but think how blessed I am.

Hopefully this means that are more blogs to come. I have some cute stories and pictures to share from the various places and activites we've been these past couple of weeks. And some good recipes too. Though I haven't been doing much on my blog, I've still been keepin' up with all of you. So stay tuned, hopefully it will be worth your while!

4 comments:

Lisa M said...

I love ur blog! U always suck me in to read more! :) how do u schedule your days? I'm havin a hard time finding a flow with working part-time from home and Jack.

Anonymous said...

You rock....loving reading what you right!! Thanks for being an awesome friend for me during these times!!!! So happy for you ;)

Ruthie said...

Yay! you have been busy, I know, so I won't be shaking my finger at you at all. I'm just happy to be reading you again! Are you still reading a classic book a month? I just started Rebecca for our book club in September.

Corie said...

I'm not shaking my finger at you either, even though I do miss you when you're not posting!

I'm glad you clarified about not being pregnant b/c you KNOW that's where my mind would have gone and I would have been mad at you for not telling me when I was up this week! :)