1.07.2011

Being eaten out of house and home.

My kids are growing, there is no denying it. In a month I'll have a three year old and one year old on my hands. When did that happen? Though they are both growing at alarming rates, I would like to highlight especially how my daughter is expediting that process for herself. Yesterday for lunch, let me highlight what they both ate.

Food

James

Clara

Chicken Nuggets

2

3

Orange Slices

2

4

Corn (scoops)

1

3+

Yogurt (a bowful)

0

1

Raisin Bran (handful)

0

2


Like my chart? Do you see the huge difference? And mind you, I had to keep on, keep on, keep on telling James to eat at take bites. Clara, I couldn't get them fast enough and cut her off. I am pretty sure she might have gone through my whole cupboard. What the dill? Has anyone else experienced this? This also is not a one time occurence. No, no. I would say 90% of the time she bests James in the eating department. Maybe it's just a phase (for each of them), but it is outta control! Needless to say, Dave and I have just sat down and reevaluated our grocery budget. With this little (cute and adorable) hog in our house, it just has to increase!

(And Happy Birthday to my most wonderful mother-in-law!)

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Whatever you're feeding them each, keep it up, because they are both just so absolutely adorable. And no, I don't remember any of my kids being such little piggysnarfers. Bless her heart!

Lauren said...

Oh man, Max does that every day too! I don't have any nifty charts to compare, but those numbers sound about right. How do they out eat two (almost three) year olds? They are just so teeny. Where do they put it all?!?