Oh. Well, Thanks to my awesome SIL Corie, I am now the somewhat permanent-until-she-wants-it-back owner of a treadmill. That, my friends, is something I have been wanting for a long time. With Dave mostly gone from 7 to about 630-ish each day (and this past week it's been until 10), finding a time to run has proved a bit difficult. My options are to a. run severely early in the morning which I really don't need to explain why I don't wanna do it or b. run when he gets home, after dinner, after bath and after bedtime which puts us at about 9 pm. Neither option seems good to me. Now however, I can run at nap! Since both kids take a nap at 2, this works out perfectly. So thank you to Corie, I am eternally grateful.
Following the next rabbit trail...Dave is in full swing football mode. "Football Season" really is a joke of a term, it fools you into thinking that it only takes time away during the actual season, August-November. Not so, my friends, not so. Coming from this football coaches wife herself, I'd say it starts way back in June and goes until December. I think even in springtime they have optional weight lifting too. So though we've been in football mode for a long time here at the Hocker house, things have actually really begun to pick up. The first game was last week. Dave is the JV head coach, but he also has to go to the Varsity games too. So that's two very late nights a week for him (and me). It takes a lot out of him, but is one of his biggest passions in life, so it is awesome to see him come alive every week when they turn on the lights. I am so very proud of him. That being said, it's very busy for us, and our lives sorta revolve around football. So keep us in your prayers, that we keep in all in balance.
Clara's on to solid foods and lately has been favoring vegetables. She'll tolerate applesauce and bananas, but give the girl carrots, sweet potatoes or broccoli and she'll chow down. I don't get it. It's fun to move into this stage of babyhood. She's also doing everything but crawling, and is really so close to putting it all together. She'll get on all fours, go to sitting, lunge forwards, pick up her hands, you name it. But crawling is still something to be mastered. And she still has no teeth. My sweet gummy little girl.
James continues to amaze me, make me laugh, and be my little buddy. I don't mean to sound lame or anything, but I do really like hanging out with him. Lately, he's just been a pretty captivating boy. His imagination is really coming alive right now and it is funny/amusing/interesting/weird to see where it will take him. I have been having lots of those sighing momma moments where your just look back in awe at these little people who have now taken over your lives. It's sometimes just downright amazing. It's also weird for me to think that just 2 1/2 years ago I didn't know him, and now I can't imagine my life without him.
I went to California too. Which was good. Good to see family, friends, and eat In-n-Out. My brother turned 30, graduated Law School, and took the Bar. I am oh so proud of him. He's such a grownup now. It was so good to see my other SIL, Karly. I am really starting to appreciate what a awesome woman and wife she is and really enjoy and cherish the few times I get to see her. It's times like this that I wished I lived closer to those people, but I wish they didn't live in California, because I don't want to live there. Does that make sense? Anyways, I saw my good close friends from college, Traci and Melissa. Those are special too. They are the type of girls who I can go out to dinner with and have some serious talk, but later go out for frozen yogurt and take silly goofy pictures like we were back in college. They really are one in a million. I miss you girls!

(Do you notice the guy totally photo bombing our picture in the background? Nice.)
I also saw Ashley, a good friend from college who despite moving 2,000 miles away from her, has kept in good contact with me. And that's always really important to me, so I really appreciate our time over coffee to catch up. There were a lotta other stuff I dealt with family-wise, but let's just say that's personal. :)
Whew. Well, I guess my mind really wasn't blank, was it?
2 comments:
you're more than welcome for the treadmill. Hopefully the belt holds out for you for a nice long while...
I can't wait to see Clara... and James, too, of course, but he doesn't change quite as rapidly as she does, and even just a couple months of not seeing her is a long time! It just figures she'd like veggies. She's the perfect angel child about everything else, so she'd of course make even vegetables easy on you! :)
by the way, I meant to add-- major props on all the alone time w/ your kiddos and your great attitude about your hubby being gone so much. I can't say I would be handling it as gracefully as you always do. :)
Post a Comment