9.15.2010

Wednesday Wigglers and the Clara monster

James and I (and Clara too) go to Wigglers every week at our local library, Richland Community Library. It's a storytime for 3 and under, which is pretty awesome. The librarian, "Mrs. Jay" (Mrs. Jaisak), is full of life and energy and reads books, plays the ukelele, does some non-Christian flannel board work, and passes out stickers. There are lots of singing, dancing, jumping like frogs and pretending to be a kangaroo. It really is one my favorite things to do with my kiddos and I look forward to it every week. We're going on our second year of attending and even go when I have the girls for school. They, however, just go out and look for books to check out. It's their "library time" and works out perfectly.

Not only is it good for James to get out his wiggles and get movin', but I have met some really good moms there too. They have become really good friends. It's nice having people you know who are going through the same thing and can talk candidly about the mechanics of potty training or helping your kids to share.

So if you are in the Richland area between 10 and 11 on Wednesdays, stop by the library! We'll be there, and I promise it's a good time!

In other news, Clara can really truly crawl! She's on the move! And not only that, but she can pull herself up on things too! It's a bit of a shock to James, who for the past 7 months was used to playing with his toys and trains in peace. Not any longer, my friend. She now crawls up to and pull herself onto our fire place hearth where we keep Thomas and his friends and proceeds to happily destroy the track, trains, and anything else in her path. James lovingly refers to her as the "Clara monster" when she does this. (Maybe I suggested that nick name....I don't know.....) Anyways, he is in for a big surprise now that Clara can decide where she is going and what toys she wants to play with. Before, James would talk for Clara and the conversation would go like this,

James: "May I play with that (insert train, toy, etc...) please Clara?"
Clara: "Sure big brother. Here you go!"

In James mind, Clara was always willing to share and give up whatever she was playing with. I am guessing she is not going to be as easy going from now on....



2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Oh darlin... poor little James. The fateful reality that every big sibling has to endure. That makes me smile so big! Your pictures are precious, and
really tell the story!

The Rudds said...

I remember when my sister Jill spoke for herself. It was quite a shock. I didn't know what to do! I used to have her repeat after me in our pretend playacting games, and then one day she said, "um, um, um," and said it differently! I remember this clearly.
Love "Clara monster" SO FUNNY!