Have you heard of this guy before? I don't know much, but I know he writes this blog and every now and then I would check it out. My MIL however had his book, which I believe just came out this last year. It's hilarious. If you haven't heard or read any of it, you should either go check out the blog now or go to Amazon and order the book. It will be worth your read!

2. Baking Cookies.
Seriously. I make at least two batches a week. What is up with that? The even sadder thing is, at my house, we go through at least two batches a week. Don't put a scale next to me, I don't wanna now. And I even took a little break from running since the marathon, so I don't have that in my favor. But, if you are in the mood for a sweet treat, you can stop on by. I currently have a good batch of double chocolate chip sitting in the cookie jar. Help yourself.
3. My son and daughter.
The little guy just ran in here, sans clothes, "I'm a naked bottom!" and ran away. Yep, stripped of all his jammies he is running around letting it all hang out. My little girl however is still sleeping, which I love. And she has started crawling, which she has been working at for the past month, so I am super proud of her!
4. The Crow's Nest
Dave and I went out on a date last Saturday and we try to go to new places or restaurants each time we get out, because let's be honest, it doesn't happen that much. This time we ended up at the Crow's Nest, a little restaurant on the second floor of a building in Kalamazoo. It seemed to be a hip little place with a current artist's artwork on the wall and hip hop/rap music playing in the background with a current menu to go with it including organic food and a complete vegetarian section. And they had good food, I got pita and in-house hummus dip while Dave got some onion rings. The other cool thing is it is on the second floor, and the first floor is a coffee shop, The Fourth Coast Coffee Shop, which is open 24 hours. Therefore, you can order any coffee drink and they bring it to you from downstairs. I like it. Dave got a cappuccino con leche. Very delicious! If you live in Kalamazoo, I
recommend it. It's on Westnedge, and resonably priced. Go check it out! The Crow's Nest

5. Garage Sales.
Namely mine, which I am having this Saturday! So Come! And this cool website, where you can look for garage sales in your area or advertise your own: Gsalr.com
6. The weather
It is seeming very fall like lately here in Michigan. I am lovin' this 60 degree weather today. Amen. And I know that they say the weather always changes in Michigan and tomorrow it will probably be 95 degrees with 95% humidity, but I am enjoying it now. And the long sleeves. And sweatshirts. And chili. And Gull Meadow Farm Iced Pumpkin Donuts. And long jeans. Yes sir I do!
What do you like lately?
4 comments:
aw, good for Clara for getting the crawling down at last!
Good luck with your garage sale! I'll be interested to hear how it goes!!
I like all those things, too! I also like your blog. And I can say with certainty that your cookies were divine.
oh my gosh i LOVE that blog. I've already told several people about since you introduced it to me!
Let's see... I like you and your wonderful family, your blog, cookies ;) being a mama, being proud of Clara for crawling, date nights, grammas and grampas.... and my very own wonderful Huz :D
Post a Comment