I did it! I ran (without crawling) the Somerset Stampede half marathon. It ended up being quite the good race. It was on an awesome course that was half paved, half dirt and ended on horse trails. (Well, that part wasn't fun. The horse trail was very sandy, and having run 12 miles, it's hard finishing that last mile in sand). It was perfect weather, and I would dare say almost cold when I started. I ended up running it in 2 hours and 11 minutes, which I think is okay. I finished third in my age category, but don't get too excited, there were a total of four women in it. I also had the best spectators too- Dave was such a good husband and I got to see him and the kids at about 5 different spots along the run. He 'raced' around the course in the Jeep to different mile points to offer me encouragement and the occasional bite of PowerBar. He's a good one. James helped me finish the race which made it all worthwhile! I am however just looking forward to running just to run, not running in preparation for a race.
Also, my kiddos were great for the entire day, walking up early and all. Thanks kids!

Getting on the road at 5 am

Arriving at the race, 6:30 am!

At the starting line...

Getting ready to go!

Mile 6 perhaps?

All done!
Here's the video of the finish. What a good racer my little buddy is!
Now I am just left with sore knees and bloody blisters on my toes. Nice, right?
5 comments:
Great job! Such an accomplishment! I lost a toenail after my 1/2 marathon....lol!
so cute! awesome job! i will live vicariously through you and your running abilities :)
SOOOOOOO proud of you. That finish video is precious. You're an inspiration, for sure.
Cerissa Hocker, you rock. So proud of you! That is quite the accomplishment!
I'm so proud of you! That is fabulous! I'm also so sorry, b/c I totally forgot that it was coming up this quickly, and didn't talk to you about it when I talked to you earlier in the week.
I need to call you about the treadmill...
Post a Comment