Phew. We made it. It was a bit iffy at different points along our journey here if we were going to or not...but I can confidently say now that we did.
And it's been good.
The good is showing up in little ways and big ways, and leading me to the conclusion that for whatever reason, this is where God wants us right now. And I am very thankful for that.
We've packed a lot in since we have arrived just about a month ago- celebrating Easter, both sets of parents visiting, many park excursions, library story times, train rides into Vancouver and Portland, expeditions into the city, two (!) date nights, a hike to Multnomah Falls. More importantly than all that, is we have had a our fill of family time, each night, during the week. This is something that had been missing from our life in Michigan (in a general sense) and I am glad to have found it here. Now that life has started to settle down a bit, hopefully the more peaceful pace and schedule that is now my life will lend itself to more writing on here.
In parting, some pictures from our first weekend as a family here, hiking up to the top of Multnomah Falls.



2 comments:
Hey! I'm glad I just happened to check! Sorry it's 8 days late. How'd you manage TWO date nights? Have you found a good babysitter there?
I'm glad I checked too- 18 days late. You need to let me know you've posted somehow :). And I was wondering the same thing- two date nights?? I haven't managed that HERE! I'm impressed. I do want to catch up with you soon. I have time right now but I probably shouldn't call you b/c it would only be 6:30 out there. Darn 3 hour time difference!
Post a Comment