8.06.2011

Through her eyes

It's not really a mystery that James gets most of the attention in our house. I mean, for starters, he's the first born. He's got a couple of years on her, which obviously means he's got a little more life under his belt and a lot more things to say. If you've spent any time with him, you know he likes to talk. Alot. Also, about 87% of the toys in our house are "James' toys," or things that aren't really good for an 18 month old to play with. That being said, a lot of time what Clara wants to do, or what Clara wants to watch, or what Clara thinks comes after what James wants to do, see, or think. (We are currently watching "Batman" right now, which surprising, Clara is laughing at. I don't gets what is funny, but she sure does). Realizing this, we've been trying to get Clara more toys that she likes to play with, or let Clara "pick" what we do, or take her on dates with just Dada or Momma. It's done a lot of good, I think. We've recently found that she loves babies, so we got her a baby and stroller. She's gotten into Elmo, which is really sweet and dear. (Though "Elmo" and "Momma" sound a lot alike in Clara-ese). She also loves any sort of animal, particularly ducks, fishes, horses, and dogs. So in honor of Clara, I am doing a day-in-the-life post about my sweet little Delby.

I realize James is in this picture, but it was sort of sweet seeing them play together with one of Clara's things. Here they are using Q-tips to clean up the baby. James might have "painted" her nails pink.
She really loves this baby. It's so darlin' to see.
"See Momma? Baby."
She takes good care of her baby too. She wipes her nose, cleans out her ears, changes her diaper,
then leaves her face down on the floor admist a sea of diapers.
She likes James' books. More accurately, she likes throwing James' books on the floor.

The Delbster likes to blow her nose. Alot. I buy tissue boxes all the time, since we got through them like water.

She's also very devious. It was very quite in my house, for a long time. As a mom, you know too much quite normally isn't a good thing.  I think she liked the candy, though.

It's hard to be mad at this face.
Poor candy bar didn't see what was coming. Also, for not having a complete set of teeth, my daughter can do alot of damage.


That's it. I love you little Clara Dell!


P.S. Since I named this post "Through her eyes," that song "In your eyes," was going through my head on repeat. I was lame and actually had to look up who sang this song, because apparently I am not hip on cool 80's trivia. It was Peter Gabriel, if your wondering. Which, I bet your not, since you are cool and hip and know things like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Thanks for sharing adorable stories and photos of that cutie, Clara!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Thanks for sharing adorable stories and photos of that cutie, Clara!

Ruthie said...

I had the song start in my head when I read the title, too, but I didn't know who sang it either. Sweet look at your little sweetie! I love your photo journalism and clever comments!

Corie said...

I did not have the song start in my head, and if I had I would not have known it was Peter Gabriel, so I must not be hip or cool either.

What a cute update-ful post! I also love your new look on your blog.

Anonymous said...

aww we love Clara!