3.12.2010

My Walking Buddy

So lately James and I have been having daily walks because its been so beautiful and sunny out and completely warm. Its been so nice it would almost be wrong not to get out. Anyways, we have this little route that we always go on, and there are things that we are accustomed to seeing now, out on the road. Of course we point the normal, cars, trees, birds we hear chirping...but there are some unique things that come up on our radar. Like, half way along our trip there has been a woodpecker. Now, we have only heard him twice. Thus, on every other walk we go on and don't hear him, we have to have an in depth conversation as to way. "Is he napping?" "He must have moved to another tree." "Is he waking up?" and back and forth and back and forth until we move on to another subject. It's pretty cute. Then we always walk around the parking lot of the Catholic church by our house. There is a statue of Mary out front of the church, and every time he excitedly points out "Mary!" and once we pass it "Mary Go?" He really likes Mary. Then, we always make a stop and sometimes walk on the lake. It's been frozen for a while, but with the warmer temps I tell James that I don't think we can walk on it anymore because the ice is melting. He looks at me with earnestness and says "Uh huh, can walk." He really doesn't believe me sometimes.

Also, I tell him every time, "James, I like walking with you. We are good walking buddies." Then, with all seriousness that only a two year old can have, "No Momma, me not walk. Me ridding..." He got me. How true that is.

So it's been nice because I am getting exercise, but more importantly, it is precious time that just he and I can share. I also hope that it helps he know that he is completely special and loved even if there is a new little one in the house.

Speaking of....

1 comment:

Corie said...

aw, I'm glad you have a new post and a new pic. You're good to go out and walk even when it's been cooler. I got out when it was sunny and warm this week but now I'm all holed back up in my house.