2.22.2010

A Hocker Update

Things are going quite swimmingly at the Hocker household. It has almost been two weeks since we have brought Clara home and I have to be honest, I don't have much to complain about. She is a sweet little girl, who unlike her big brother when he was little, has grown quite accustomed to taking naps and doing them not in the constant hold of another human being. I remember when James was born (and for SIX months after that...), if you wanted him to nap, you might as well get comfy on the couch because you would have to hold him for the entire time. It was ri-diculous. Clara however will be set down for hours on end, which leaves me feeling like I only have one child still and not too. But as my sister in law pointed out, this might not last. For now though, I am enjoying it. She sleeps great in the night and has been a perfect nurser. She has gotten the little cough that both Dave and James have (but I don't! Ha!) and it sounds really awful on her, like she's been a chain smoker for years. It's sad to see her cough, but hopefully with all this sleeping she's doing, it will go away soon.

James, has been sick. And has a new sister. And is two. Suffice to say, he's been a little disobedient lately and taking more patience on my part to handle. Like, if I say no five times, I really mean no! I'm not kidding! He thinks I am, unfortunately. And, for being a predominantly not whiny boy, I am finding some whininess creep in. Like whining about having to eat dinner, or take a bath, or get in the car....etc. So I am being challenged as a parent with how to deal with it, and haven't really come to a conclusion yet. (Does anyone really, though?) Other than that, he is really a sweet boy. And loves his sister dearly. And I love him dearly, it's just a phase, I know.

Dave and I are doing well too, I think. I know that the hospital or any doctor or Child Protective Services would be in utter disbelief if they knew this, but Clara sleeps in bed with us, so we actually get a lot of sleep. I honestly don't know how I would survive if she didn't! She just nurses when she needs to, and I can mostly just sleep through all such events. It's a pretty sweet deal and I know some people might think me a irresponsible mom, but it works for us. We did it with James, and I think he turned out all right.

This is my last week off work before going back next week, so I am going to try and treasure every moment. But I have high hopes and (I think) a good attitude going back to work. Wish me luck!

More updates to come soon, as I want to try to post more often and hopefully more regularly. Cross your fingers!

No comments: