(Today Clara was sitting on the ground. In an instant, she was crying sad, hard tears. I asked her what happened? She replied, sobbing, "My face fell on the ground!" How does this happen? When one is sitting, on the ground? I'm speechless).
So let's call this a #tbt post, even though it's not Thursday, and this day only happened a week or so ago, not decades. It's obviously not from today, because in these pictures you can see lovely green grass and leaves on the ground, where if you looked outside my house today, you would see a depressingly white winter wonderland. In November. Ugh.
We picked James up from school and headed straight to the Kellogg Forest. The forest might be my most favorite place on earth. You can sprinkle my ashes here when I die. I just love this forest-y place. The trees and quiet bring peace to my soul. We went on a hike, and on our way home picked up McDonalds for dinner (#winning) and watched Planes: Fire and Rescue while eating that totally healthy and well-balanced dinner since it had just come out on DVD (#evenmorewinning). It was a day that I want to mentally "pin" in my mind for a very long time. (P.S. how many more technological references could one paragraph have?)
Seconds after this picture was snapped, James fell in the water. Awesome.
Wet pants. And shoes. And I still made him walk in them.
Benny Ben Ben!
These shoes make me smile.
Pooh Stick Bridge
We upped our Pooh Stick game this round. Don't mess with us. We will destroy you.
The end!
2 comments:
awwww.... I want to come to Kellogg forest with you and play pooh sticks. You are such a good mama.
SUCH a good mama. I didn't know you blogged again. I need some kind of alert. Maybe I'll just subscribe!
Post a Comment