5.10.2011

TPS Reports and Mother's Day

Ready for a long, random, and at times- fun, blog post? I sure am.

My Mother's Day was swell. (Is it too late to be posting about Mother's Day?) Like most mothers on this day, I got to lesiurely sleep in until 10am and wake my cherubs coming through my door with a freshly baked meal for me. Wait, that did not happen- I chose to run a 5k with my husband instead! That's right. The kids spent the night at Mimi's house (thanks again, Mimi!) and Dave and I woke up at 5:30am to go race in The Borgess Run. Despite what you may think, it was a lot of fun. Dave offered to his kids and teachers at the middle school to come run the race, and we had a pretty good turnout of each. We even got matching t-shirts!

See- there I am on the far right. Don't we all look cute with our matching shirts? There were about 2,000 people in the race, so needless to say, it was a lot of fun! And busy too- I was ready with my elbows out at the starting line. I was pretty happy with my time, too.

After said early morning race, we came home, picked up the kids, and proceeded on with the normal Mother's Day festivites. Not only was that day special because it was Mother's Day, it was also Dave's brother's 18th birthday. That night, we celebrated his birth and showered him with lotto tickets, cigars, and all those other things that you can't have until your eighteen. Do you know that in the State of Michigan that also includes spray paint? Crazy. Since he had never seen "Office Space" (I know, I know. That might be one of the top five movies my friends and I quoted all the time while in high school), we invited him over to watch it with us. This is where we are going to transition to the next point in my blog.....

....have you all ever seen Office Space? Had a case of the Mondays? Gotten a memo about the new cover sheet for the TPS reports? Not worn enough flair at your job? Well, there also is a scene where this fax machine that has been a source of agnst for Michael Bolton and that Indian guy gets the boot. Hardcore. With bats.


I don't think it will ever fax again. It's one of my favorite scenes. Anyways, I had this dresser. An angst causing dresser. It was from Ikea and passed down to me from my brother when he was in college. When Dave and I got married in college, we of course had no money, and took whatever free things would come our way. (Okay, okay, we still do that). This dresser had put in a few years, but it was still good and solid. Fast forward four years, and this thing caused me to want to say bad things everytime I used it.

The bottoms of the bottom three dresser drawers fell out, leaving me with one giant drawer. The middle drawer, as you can see, fell of the hinges and was all crooked-like. Dave's drawer (the one right below the two sock drawers) only closed two-thirds of the way. It sucked. After putting up with it for much to long, we finally got a new one. My dream, however, was to give this dresser what was coming to him. He was going to get "Office Spaced."
Me and my pick axe.
Poor dresser never saw it comin'.
Pick axe injury. Totally worth it.
Dave burning up the remains. I would have danced around it if it wasn't so cold out.
Beautiful new dresser with drawers that close. That's all this girl wanted.
As you can see, I have wanted to do this post for a while, seeing as there is snow on the ground and there is none now. This actually happened on my birthday this past December, but I wasn't a really good blogger then. And since we just watched "Office Space," it reminded me of it. Do you all see how everything ties in now? Mother's Day, 5k Run, Brother-in-law's birthday, Office Space, going crazy on my dresser in winter. It all makes sense, no?

Let me tell you, each swing of the axe on that dresser was the most therapeutic thing ever. Ever.

(Oh, and it was a really sweet and wonderful Mother's Day too. I love you, family).

(And I don't know why my pictures are so small. Oh well).

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

phew! I was afraid you were going to post about your MIL's evil kitty. This one was much better, and I'm so proud of y'all for doing the 5K on Mother's Day!

Dave Hocker said...

Husband here...Cerissa did NOT mention how awesome she did in the run. Out of 2000 runners, she placed 399th. Out of 1200 females, she placed 99th. Out of 174 females in her age group (25-29), she was TOP TEN! Awesome job lover!

Corie said...

I want to know about the evil kitty now!

I LOVE that scene in Office Space. I love the kick-ass music that plays during it too, even if I wouldn't want to listen to it while my kiddos are in the room! I need to watch that movie again... I wish I could have watched it w/ y'all on Sun!

Ruthie said...

Bob was doing his mountain lion routine on the pool table and swiped at Clara as she was innocently walking past -- twice. Completely unprovoked, except for the fact that she looked like easy prey.

Corie said...

Did you get to see Something Borrowed yet? (I was rereading some of your older posts and saw it on your EW one) I really want to see it too. You should come visit me and we'll go see it together. You should really just come visit me regardless.

And bring Harry.