5.11.2010

"Now on DVD..."

Don't expect any flow or connection to the thoughts I am about to share.

James just said, as he was eating his bananas at lunch." Look mama, a flat tire (pointing to a toddler induced squished banana on his plate)!" Then, picking up a banana that had not been squished, "It's fixed!" I am guessing he was assuming that this "banana wheel" was not flat. Also, eating Italian Wedding soup (you know the soup whose noodles are little balls??) said, "Momma, I like this popcorns!" Apparently, the look popcorn-ish to him. He is currently half closing his eyes and saying, "Let's pray. Deeeear Jesus. Thank you for this food, and Thank you for Jesus. Aaaaaa-men." What a kid.

I had a dream last night that I was washing dishes. Isn't that an awful dream? I mean, I do it all day- clean, wipe, put away, etc...Why on God's green earth would I want to dream clean as well? I do like cleaning, I know I know. But even this girl would like a break from her house wife, house cleaning duties once in a while. And not only was I just doing regular dishes, I was specifically cleaning a crock pot filled with crusty spaghetti noodles. Again, what the heck!!! It was like some one had apparently made spaghetti in the crock pit and left it on high all night. No fair, dreams. No fair. I expect to be pampered tonight! A pedicure would be nice...

It's raining today. And for some reason whenever it's raining, I have to eat apples and peanut butter. Does that happen to anyone else?

If you are wondering why this post is entitled, "Now on DVD..." I will share with you now. At Mother's Day lunch this past Sunday, we were all sitting around the table at Mimi and Pop's house gobblig down some delicious steak and shrimp shis ka bobs (is that even close to the right spelling??) when James says, "Bob the builder: On site edition...Now on DVD!" We all broke out laughing! What the heck! You know your kid has watched the same Thomas the train movie when he started quoting the pre-movie previews. That just isn't right. But pretty funny.

I'd also like to make a shout out to Clara Dell who is three months old today. We love ya girl!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally wanted apples and peanut butter today! Sadly, I can't have any. My apples are mealy and gross. :(

On a cleaning note, I can't stop washing things today. I'm talking hands and knees, scrubbing the floor type cleaning. You'd be proud. I even cleaned my microwave. :D

Ruthie said...

woo hoo! another post! Your little buddy is pretty funny, I do admit.

Corie said...

Those are some funny quotes from James! I love it.

That is a lousy dream, for sure. I haven't been remembering my dreams lately. But that would suck to have to clean in your dreams! Although that might be what it would take to get me to do any house cleaning lately, which I have been seriously neglecting.