5.26.2009

my beloved show

so i'm sad. i really love jon and kate plus eight and even met kate a few weeks ago at a book signing. but having watched the season five premire last night, i'm sad that i went and supported her book tour, when i sorta wish she would just stay home with her kids. 

the saddest parts to me where:

1. when alexis said to her dad at her birthday party "daddy i don't want you to leave again!" (oh my goodness! soo heartbreaking!)

2. and when kate was talking about going on book tours and such and she said the other day when she was calling home that one child called her the babysitters name instead. i mean, if that isn't a red flag, i don't know what is. 

3. that they can't work this out, it seems. they seemed before to be such a strong family based on good values of God, love and family. it seems completely different now, doesn't it? and i don't want to pass blame or judge, but it's so hard. 

4. and how could the kids not know what's going on? kids on way more perceptive than given credit for, and honestly, you could cut the tension between jon and kate with a knife. 

i really just think kate should come home. 

on the other hand, though, i love watching the show. i've watched it since the beginning and have been faithful ever since. maybe time has run it's course? those kids are just so stinkin' cute though, right? (aiden is my favorite...)

my heart goes out for them, and it just makes me so sad...it shouldn't end this way, right? 

what do you think?

6 comments:

jes said...

The only time I ever saw the show was the four seconds it was on while I was at your house the other day (John was getting hair plugs? what? don't they need to save for college?) I think I agree with you though - there are some definite red flags there and the whole family values thing is looking all fake in the view of reality where they cheat on each other all over town... Hmmmmm, yeah, it's prolly just run its course. I'm sorry!! Hopefully, there will be a new show... :D Love you, friend!

Rebes said...

CER... I totally agree with you! I am also a fan of the show. If you ask me Kate is just asking for it. She has become way to driven with the show and the life that she has. She seems to be pushing Jon away. I know she has a firm personality, but she is too demanding and I think she has lost sight of what is important. I agree that the show may have run its course. Those friekin adorable kids are amazing and Jon and Kate need to realize once and for all that their relationship (no matter how it ends up) will dramatically affect the kids-for better or for worse. They need to quite being naive and lying to themselves. Their marriage needs to come first for a while. Okay...done ranting. I just love this show and so does everyone else it seems. That's cool that you were able to go to the book signing. When was it? Is she pretty in person? Is she nice? Oookaay, now I sound like a stalker. Love u.

Rebes said...

CER... I totally agree with you! I am also a fan of the show. If you ask me Kate is just asking for it. She has become way too driven with the show and the life that she has. She seems to be pushing Jon away. I know she has a firm personality, but she is way too demanding and I think she has lost sight of what is important. I agree that the show may have run its course. Those friekin adorable kids are amazing and Jon and Kate need to realize once and for all that their relationship (no matter how it ends up) will dramatically affect the kids-for better or for worse. They need to quite being naive and lying to themselves. Their marriage needs to come first for a while. Okay...done ranting. I just love this show and so does everyone else it seems. That's cool that you were able to go to the book signing. When was it? Is she pretty in person? Is she nice? Oookaay, now I sound like a stalker. Love u.

Ruthie said...

you know I totally agree with you, 100%. I haven't watched it that much, but it makes me sad to think that their private lives are so public. They need to tell TLC that they need to take a break to work on their marriage and family.

And p.s. I'm not one to talk, but I don't think you should stop blogging.

..melissa.. said...

So we just got cable and I was able to watch it! Finally!

Really sad though..I am hoping it is all a publicity stunt or something but really messed up if it is, you know?! I don't like watching marriages fall apart...

Lisa M said...

I totally agree with you Cerissa! It's all gone to crap. Blunt, yes! Truth to it?

I'm sad to see that while I know they initially started out looking for the best for their kids, has turned into more about them every day. Last season I wondered why it had all started to focus off the kids....this is why. I'm sad for them, but mostly for the children. I agree....kids get it. They can't not get it. They go to school.....remember elementary school? Everyone talks about everything on TV, because it's a big deal to watch shows when you're young.....


While I believe it's both of their faults, Jon being inteh lime light and loving it has only made me lose respect for him as a father, not as a husband. He is the one that kept saying im here for the kids....I'm am passing judgement by saying, No father should be acting or "caught" in the situations that he's been in and continues to be.

He's headed down a dark road and I think someone is going to crash and burn and then we'll here about a restitution....but not until they get OUT OF THE REALITY BIZ!

Hope you're doing well new mama x2