2.03.2009

so i might not blog ever again...

because i have cable t.v.! eee! i mean, with tlc alone i could easily spend my whole day on the couch. and that is not including e! true hollywood stories, cmt, or lifetime. then there is usa with re-runs of law and order and my basic nbc which i love. what more could a girl want? i even have pbs for my son so he is not left out of the loop. and of course, dave has espn and all its affiliates. you might not hear from the hockers' again. 

it's a weird feeling though, because i have not had cable/satelite television in the place i have lived since i was in high school at my parents house. i almost have the feeling that you get when you are at a hotel and you have cable and can stay inside all day and just watch t.v.. 

speaking of t.v., i have had this idea for a long time to list off my t.v.'s shows that i regularly watch or follow or just love to watch. i know it might not interest ya'll, but i am interested to see just how many shows i love and how much time i do waste. so here we go (in no particular order):

- the office: a steady classic. i had my fears at the beginning of the season as some of it's witty office humor had left and instead traded for a bit too much storyline, but i feel it has since returned to it's more original premise. i especially loved the super bowl episode. but when are jim and pam going to get married?

-ugly betty: my branch off to abc. i absolutely love this show. i really can't put into words but it's fastly becoming my favorite. i just rented all of season one and am watching season three on thursday nights (when it airs) but have yet to find season two on dvd to rent. nonetheless, its a fun look at high end fashion and reminds me  a bit of "the devil wear prada."

-american idol: a fan favorite every year. i really liked brooke. 

- jon and kate plus 8: i love their relationship, think their kids are adorable, love that they are Christians and love to watch all their adventures. i just wonder how i can meet them?

- what not to wear: i mean, who doesn't love stacy and clinton?

- my name is earl:  a new favorite of dave's and mine. we recently rented season one from blockbuster and just can't get enough. what/where is jason lee from before this? he looks familiar. and i just love joy. ahhh, you just can't get enough redneck humor and karma. 

- rachael ray: i pretty much always have to tune in at two to see what dinner she is making that day. i don't always make it, but it airs during james naptime, so i also enjoy watching it alone. :)

okay, i guess my list isn't too bad, i thought i was way more hooked into shows than i thought. but these are just the current ones that i love. there are always the reruns/other shows i might watch if there is nothing on and i'm bored shows. those include:

  simpsons, seinfeld, friends, supernanny, wifeswap, pretty much anything on tlc (minus all those tattoo and truck shows), law and order, house, and that new shows lies* or something (it's on fox, pretty interesting), and biggest loser. 

are any of yours on my list? what's on yours? i am guessing LOST because it seems that everyone and there mom watches that show, except for me. and dave. (i did watch one episode at my sil's house and was thoroughly confused throughout the entire show. what the heck? what is this island attacking people?) 

so let me know! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you are going to blog again!!!! I'll be so sad if you don't! :) My faves: definitely the OFFICE. Absolutely LOVED the super bowl episode. Fire drill! My other faves are American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, & Private Practice. AND no I don't watch LOST!!!!! I tried watching an episode and well I was completely .... LOST.

Corie said...

I was a big TLC fanatic during my first year or two of motherhood, back when I could get away with watching TV all day even though I had children with me. Now, not so much. You know that I am a huge tv addict though. J and I watch My Name is Earl. I think it's hilarious, but I will say that the first year was by far the best and subsequent years have kinda roller coastered around a little bit, just to forewarn you.

Lee said...

You're really missing out on Lost. I would also throw in Heroes, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and 30 Rock. Or technically it's only available on DVD now, but Arrested Development is/was the best TV sitcom ever made.

Karly said...

LOVE the cable:)

and p.s. you are not included in my rant about obnoxious people. you can, and i want you to, talk about James all the live long day!

there's just this other girl in my Bible study who can't talk about anything other than pregnancy! obNOXious!

jes said...

haha!! I love you :D we are so alike!! I spent the weekend with my friend Hana, who does not have a TV in her living room, and realized just how much my TV is on... yeck!! I love all the same shows as you, and loved Brooke on American Idol... no favorites yet this season... but I'm hoping to turn my TV off more often and watch way less. I also do not get the draw to LOST... weird.