lately i've been feeling pretty lazy lately. like, i have more than enough to keep myself occupied with- my son, setting up in our house, organizing all our stuff, cleaning, general day to day cleaning, and of course- laundry. but the past couple of days it seems like i can't do any of it. just like the intense heat and humidity of the day is causing me to work at a snail's pace. or just not work at all. and james has been really good and content lately (may i add that he's started to crawl?) so i do have lots of free time where i could do the immense work on my list of things to do. and yet i do none of it, but at the end of my day when i reflect back, i can't really say what i've done...any of ya'll have times like that? any ways, maybe if i publicly declare my sluggishness, things will change. we'll see.
also, i'd like to get my life in order- be more on top of calling people back, writing notes to people, exercising, eating right and so on...but i can't seem to get on top of that either. maybe i need a life coach or something.
the only thing that i can say i really have been doing is reading a lot! thanks to my wonderful s.i.l. i have completed some good books. "little earthquakes" but jennifer weiner was a delight. for have a 5 month old to take care of i dare say i completed it very quickly. i recommend it to anyone. and since i loved jennifer so much i'm on to "in her shoes" and it's turning out to be good as well. at this point i will give out a shout out to the richland area library because i think it's one of the best ever. it even has "i love lucy" to rent on dvd's! what girl could be happier?
my husband's birthday is coming up. he'll soon turn the ripe old age of 24. weird to think that we got married when we were 21! yikes! i'm excited to celebrate him, and i'll give more details later on what i have in store for him...
james is being ridiculously cute and wonderful lately. could i have asked for a better son? like i said, he's just started to crawl (still needs a bit fine tuning, but i'll count it as a crawl) and for no good reason he started laughing at me yesterday. he's eating solid foods on a semi often basis and pretty much rocks.
and i have to thank my again wonderful s.i.l. for the past two pictures. every time she comes to visit she takes the best pictures. i definetly can not take the credit for that!
and traci is coming on the 11th and i'm pretty excited to see her. oh! and my friend nikki got engaged as well!
so that's about all for now...more to update later...
3 comments:
I read yours all the time! Little James is adorable! There are days where I think he looks like you and others that he looks like Dave! Did you guys buy a house? how do you like mommyhood and MI??
What a lot of updates!
I can't believe he is crawling!! He is certainly showing up his cousin (10 months, Tess, come on)! I miss him. You guys will have to find a time to come visit us soon!
I read Little Earthquakes. I remember liking it, but having some issues, which I can't recall what they were now. Hmm. I'll have to talk to you about it and see if I can remember!
Thanks for "making" me golf with Dave today! And congrats on the successful birthday party, I had a blast! Next time I'm taking the Hocker's down in kickball...
Post a Comment