It's been icy around here, hasn't it, Southwest Michigan? I myself, have never experienced an ice storm like this in my four years of living in this wonderfully-forever-winter state. I don't think I have ever seen anything more beautiful. The sun was out this morning, and it caused all the icicled trees to glitter and shine its reflection. It definitely uplifts the soul! In order to enjoy this perfect day, I took my little buddy and we ventured out for a walk.
 |
| Can you see how every branch and needle is covered in ice? |
 |
| My camera not doing justice, but everything was sparkling. |
 |
| Tromping through the snow! Tromp, Tromp |
 |
| Checkin' out the bucket on the maple trees. Just filled with snow, no syrup. |
 |
| My handsome fella |
 |
| Walking down our road, the sun was shining and the trees were glistening! |
 |
| It's so peaceful, no? |
 |
| While I was about to take this picture, James laid down to do a snow angel. |
 |
Our bittersweet is looking pretty popsicle-y!
He made it pretty far, we walked to Mimi's house and back. It was fun to stop and make tracks, snow angels, and general frolicking and goodness. On top of that, it was a snow day! We came back and had hot cocoa and apple cider, and perhaps some cookies too.
So that's what happened today. I have many more posts that I need to do, so expect some back-blogging to occur. Next topic: How our living room became Neverland and our couch a pirate ship. You're on the edge of your seats, I can tell!
(Oh, and I finished Wuthering Heights, and to all my faithful readers out there, we are going to need to discuss this novel. I have many, many comments and questions. |
3 comments:
Beautiful fun post! I agree -- the camera doesn't capture how gorgeous everything was -- like a crystal, diamond-sprinkled wonderland. Your bittersweet photo is glorious.
So what do you want to say about Wuthering Heights? Did you think the wildness of the moors was symbolic of the wildness of Heathcliff's heart?
LOVE the pictures! I agree it's beautiful! Looks like you enjoyed your snow days. And James is adorable!
I just posted something so similar :) haha
I love the way you write, Cer! It's like we're having a conversation, until I realize *you're* doing all the talking, not me.
<3
Post a Comment